Thursday, October 13, 2005

Polls

I just got off the phone with another event organizer, seems they haven't heard about my campaign. They say they don't want to put me on at the last minute. Another said, earlier today, well we are only having the top two from the primaries. Well funny, I wasn't in the primaries. So how is that logical?

But the problem is not that I'm not polling well. I get up to 7 or 8% in some polls, the polls that are mentioned to you in passing by other campaigns. And 8% is a big enough percentage to seriously affect this race. But the bigger problem is that the polls don't even mention my name.

Pollster:"Hi I'm calling conducting a poll of likely King County Voters? Are you going to vote for Ron Sims, David Irons, or other?"

Voter: "Um, ... Um, only two candidates huh?"

Pollster:"Ron Sims, David Irons or other?"

Voter: "Um, Ron Sims, he's the Democrat right?"

Voter: "Um, David Irons, he's the Republican right?"

Now imagine this, even when you as the polled "likely King County voter" if you respond Gentry Lange, Green Candidate, they won't record Gentry Lange, they will record me as "other."

You are not even allowed to vote for me in the polls. And they say I don't poll well.

Here's one blogger that broke down the King 5 poll honestly:
http://themoderatewashingtonian.blogspot.com/

No comments: